Fox Ridge is joining other Cherry Creek middle schools in offering prevention training as part of the SOS Signs of Suicide® Prevention Program.
The goals of the program are:
- To help our students understand depression occurs with kids and is treatable.
- To explain suicide is a preventable tragedy which often occurs as a result of untreated depression.
- To provide students training in how to identify serious depression and potential suicidality in themselves or a friend.
- To impress upon youth they can help themselves or a friend by taking the simple step of talking to a responsible adult about their concerns.
- To help students know a trusted adult in the school they can turn to for help, if they need it.
If you do NOT wish for your child to be participating in the SOS Middle School program at school, please complete the pdf form below and return it to counseling as soon as possible via e-mail or send it back to the front office via your child. If we do not hear from you, we will assume your child has permission to participate in this program. SOS FRMS 20151.pdf
SOS:Signs of Suicide Parent Newsletter SOS Parent Newsletter1.pdf