FRMS 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Wrestling Information
Head Coach – Jamal Lewis
Phone – Contact Mike Hedquist 720-886-4486
The FRMS Wrestling Program operates on a “No Cut” basis. No wrestler will be dropped from the team if the following conditions are met:
1. Regular attendance and promptness for practices. The district requires five practices before wrestling in a match. If a wrestler is missing practices, and he/she is not excused by a parent or teacher, he/she will not be allowed to compete in the next match.
2. A wrestler must display self-control and acceptable behavior in school, at wrestling and in the community at all times.
3. We must have a Current Athletic Emergency Card and code of conduct on file and signed.
4. Athlete’s participation fee of $60 has been paid or a waiver has been accepted. Full scholarships are available only with a copy of free and reduced receipt. There will be no refunds after the first match of the season.
Use of uniforms and headgear are provided as part of your fees. Shoes and other practice attire need to be provided by each player. Students will not be allowed to practice if not properly dressed for wrestling. (i.e. wrestling shoes, athletic shoes, and gym shorts).
Plan to attend practices regularly. Practice will be every day, with the exception of Wednesdays, from 3:15-4:10 PM. There are no practices on game days. All wrestlers must be on task at every practice since practice is short and we have a lot of kids participating. The locker room is open from 3:05-3:15 for wrestlers to change for practice, and will be locked until practice concludes at 4:10. Late buses run each day and leave promptly at 4:15. Wrestlers who walk home or need to have other rides, need to be picked up no later than 4:45 pm following practice. If a wrestler is not being picked up on time he/she will not be able to participate!
Every eligible wrestler will have an opportunity to participate if the opposing team has a wrestler at his/her weight class. Determining if a wrestler will compete will be the coaches' decision based on the following factors:
1. Demonstrated hustle, hard work, attendance and attitude.
2. A wrestler will not be competing against another wrestler that is two grades above him/her. For example, A 6th grade wrestler cannot wrestle an 8th grade wrestler.
3. There are three levels in wrestling. (A,B,C) A wrestlers will not wrestle C wrestlers.
Those things will be determined by the coaching staff to best help a wrestler develop to his/her full potential.
Meets are in the afternoon and will start as close to 4:00 pm as possible and will end around 6:00 pm. NO PRACTICES WILL BE HELD ON MATCH DAYS. BUS TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED BOTH TO AND FROM AN AWAY MATCH. Players need to be picked up before 6:30 pm match days!
SAFETY OF WRESTLERS' PERSONAL BELONGINGS:
*TO HELP ENSURE THE SAFETY OF WRESTLERS' PERSONAL BELONGINGS, THE LOCKER ROOM WILL BE LOCKED DURING MATCHES UNTIL THE CONCLUSION OF THE LAST MATCH OR UNTIL THE TEAM BUS RETURNS TO FOX RIDGE.
****************** If leaving early with a parent *********************
HOME MATHCES: If wrestlers plan on leaving before the end of the last match, they may not leave their belongings in the locker room; they MUST bring them to the team bench. Parents do not need to check out wrestlers at HOME games.
AWAY GAMES: If wrestlers plan on leaving before the end of the game, they may not leave their belongings in the locker room or on the bus; they MUST bring them to the team bench. Wrestlers must check out with their coach before leaving an AWAY game. Parents MUST physically sign out their wrestler. Parents may check out their own child. They may NOT check out someone else’s child unless that child has a signed and dated note indicating permission for him or her to go with the designated parent. A wrestler’s failure to sign out will result in a phone call home to find and locate him/her and the wrestler will forfeit wrestling in the next match. Safety and responsibility are our primary concern; therefore no exceptions will be made to this policy.