FRMS 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Information
Head Coach – Eric Lownsberry
The FRMS Volleyball Program operates on a “No Cut” basis. No player will be dropped from the team if the following conditions are met:
1. Regular attendance and promptness for practices. The district requires five practices before playing in a game. If a player is missing practices and they are not excused by a parent or teacher they will not be allowed to play in the next game.
2. A player must display self-control and acceptable behavior in school, at Volleyball and in the community at all times.
3. Current Athletic Emergency Card on file and a signed Code of Conduct are also on file.
4. Athlete’s participation fee of $60.00 has been paid or a waiver has been accepted. Full scholarships are available only with a copy of free and reduced lunch approval letter. There will be no refunds after the first game.
Use of uniforms and volleyballs are provided as part of your fees. Shoes and other practice attire need to be provided by each player. Students will not be allowed to practice if not properly dressed for volleyball (i.e. volleyball shoes and gym shorts).
Plan to attend practices regularly. Practices will be every day from 3:15-4:10 pm, except on game days. Please plan to attend practice ON TIME, or have a pass if you arrive AFTER 3:30. Practice will end in time for the player(s) to catch the late buses. Late buses will depart from the front of the building at 4:15 pm.
The coaching staff will play every eligible player in every game, while still maintaining a goal of winning the game. There will be four teams – A, B, C (Red), and C (Green). Determining player positions and teams will be the coaches’ decision based on the following factors:
1. Demonstrated hustle; skill development; knowledge of assigned plays and their execution; team play and attitude.
2. The best distribution of players to maintain team balance. For example, it may not be best to have ten tall or ten short players all on the same team.
3.Those things determined by the coaching staff to be best to help a player develop to her full potential.
GAME AND PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
On Monday and Tuesday games, the “A” team will play first; “B” team second; “C (Green)” will play first; “C (Red)” second. On Wednesday or Thursday games, the times are reversed. Games are in the afternoon and will start as close to 4:00 P.M. as possible depending on the release time of the opposing school and will end around 6:00 – 6:30 P.M.
SAFETY OF PLAYERS’ PERSONAL BELONGINGS:
TO HELP ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS’ PERONAL BELONGINGS, THE LOCKER ROOM WILL BE LOCKED DURING GAMES UNTIL THE CONCLUSION OF THE LAST GAME OR UNTIL THE TEAM BUS RETURNS TO FOX RIDGE.
HOME GAMES: If a player plans on leaving after the 1st game, she cannot leave her belongings in the locker room; she MUST bring them to the team bench.
AWAY GAMES: If a player plans on leaving after the 1st game, she cannot leave her belongings in the locker room or on the bus; she MUST bring them to the team bench. Players must check out with their coach before leaving an AWAY game. If a player does not sign out, she will forfeit playing in the next game.