FRMS 6th / 7th Grade Girls Volleyball Information
Head Coach – Mike Hedquist
Phone – 720-886-4486
The FRMS Volleyball Program operates on a “No Cut” basis. No player will be dropped from the team if the following conditions are met:
1. Regular attendance and promptness for practices. The district requires five practices before playing in a game. If a player is missing practices and they are not excused by a parent or teacher they will not be allowed to play in the next game.
2. A player must display self-control and acceptable behavior in school, at Volleyball and in the community at all times.
3. Current Athletic Emergency Card on file and a signed Code of Conduct on file.
4. Athlete’s participation fee of $30 has been paid or a waiver has been accepted. Full scholarships are available only with a copy of free and reduced receipt. There will be no refunds after the first game of the season.
Use of uniforms and Volleyballs are provided as part of your fees. Shoes and other practice attire need to be provided by each player. Students will not be allowed to practice if not properly dressed for Volleyball I.e. Athletic shoes, a full sleeved athletic shirt, and gym shorts that are mid-thigh in length). Athletes will not be allowed to wear spandex during practice or games.
Plan to attend practices regularly. Practice will be every day, with the exception of Wednesdays, from 3:15-4:10 PM. There are no practices on game days. All athletes must be on task at every practice since practice is short and we have a lot of kids participating. The locker room is open from 3:05-3:15 for athletes to change for practice, and will be locked until practice concludes at 4:40. Late buses run each day and leave promptly at 4:15. Athletes who walk home or need to have other rides, need to be picked up no later than 4:30 pm following practice. If an athlete is consistently not being picked up on time they will not be able to participate!
The coaching staff will play every eligible player in every game. There will be six equal ability teams. Determining player positions and teams will be the coaches' decision based on the following factors:
1. Demonstrated hustle; skill development; knowledge of assigned plays and their execution; team play, attendance and attitude.
2. The best distribution of players to maintain team balance. For example, it may not be best to have ten tall or ten short players all on the same team.
3. Those things determined by the coaching staff to be best to help a player develop to her full potential.
Please read the attached sheet for the schedule.
The order of play, "R (RED)", "B (Blue)" and "G (Green)" in one gym, "Y (Yellow)", "P (Purple)", and "O (Orange)" in the 2nd gym. Games are in the afternoon and will start as close to 4:00 P.M. as possible depending on the release time of the opposing school and will end around 6:00 – 6:30 P.M. All times may vary and parents are suggested to arrive before 4:00 P.M. NO PRACTICES WILL BE HELD ON GAME DAYS. BUS TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED BOTH TO AND FROM AN AWAY GAME.
SAFETY OF PLAYERS' PERSONAL BELONGINGS:
*TO HELP ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS' PERSONAL BELONGINGS, THE LOCKER ROOM WILL BE LOCKED DURING GAMES UNTIL THE CONCLUSION OF THE LAST GAME OR UNTIL THE TEAM BUS RETURNS TO FOX RIDGE.
****************** If leaving early with a parent *********************
HOME GAMES: If players plan on leaving before the end of the last game, they cannot leave their belongings in the locker room; they MUST bring them to the team bench. Parents do not need to check out players at HOME games.
AWAY GAMES: If players plan on leaving before the end of the game, they cannot leave their belongings in the locker room or on the bus; they MUST bring them to the team bench. Players must check out with their coach before leaving an AWAY game. Parents MUST physically sign out their player. Parents may check out their own child, they may NOT check out someone else’s child unless that child has a signed and dated note indicating permission for him to go with the noted parent. A player’s failure to sign out will result in a phone call home to find and locate the athlete and the player will forfeit playing in the next game. Safety and responsibility are our primary concern; therefore no exceptions will be made to this policy.